- has the people working closest to the animals and their owners - those involved in data reporting - at the heart of the system - and they should be rewarded by their involvement with the system.
- only enhances, supports and eases the work of those reporting and working for the system.
- does not burden any users' normal duties but instead brings immediate and tangible benefit to their work.
- gives more than it takes from users to ensure that every user benefits from the system.
- provides a service to all its different users at all times and that this service should be responsive to changing needs of its users.
- a natural outcome from the conduct of routine animal health work, it should never be the goal in itself.
- only ever entered once, by the person reporting, at the time of the event.
- automatically checked so that it is correct at entry
- reported in its smallest, most immediate form from the field
- never grouped, manipulated or generalised (aggregated)
- able to be used flexibly
- immediately available to all who need it
- provided to users in accessible, flexible forms, tailored to specific needs
- able to be submitted in a variety of ways
- getting the right information
- to the right people
- at the right time
- in the right form
- Provides real benefits to farmers and their communities
- Allows everyone to use good evidence when making decisions
- Gives direct benefits to staff at all levels
- Improves communication
- Makes reporting faster and easier
- Removes the routine reporting burden.
- Receive automatically generated reports about disease reported flexibly tailored to suit the interests of the recipient.
- Produce maps of livestock movements and trace animals back to their origin
- Generate tailor-made graphs, reports and spreadsheets of data of interest to you
- Monitor staff activity accurately and prioritise training needs
- See daily slaughter data for all abattoirs in Indonesia
- Monitor the efficacy of breeding and artificial insemination programs
- Monitor vaccination coverage accurately
- Monitor and improve treatment regimes for better health outcomes
- Keep a closer eye on the data for patterns of disease across the entire country
- Automatically link laboratory data with surveillance programs
- Link laboratory submissions with the laboratory system immediately and easily
- Identify animals uniquely and keep records about their breeding
- and much more
How does it work?
- how budget is used,
- how staff are managed,
- if treatments are successful,
- how successful control programs are,
- how well we are supporting our staff,
- if our goals are being achieved,
- where we should focus our resources,
- which staff require more training.... and the list goes on.
What does it do?
Data linkages make data more powerful
Flexible approaches suit all types of users
Automated reporting promotes greater efficiency and accuracy
What are the benefits ?
For the users in the field
- Fast, easy data entry, direct from the source
- Immediate response for important problems
- Lower data entry burden for everyone
- Automatic data checking
- System query functions - to get information from the system
- Return messages confirming report details
- Sustainable, integrated system using everyday technology
- Regular reports generated automatically
- More time for important work and less paperwork
For all users
- Provides service and benefit to all users
- Replaces a slow, paper-based system
- Stronger support for decision makers
- Immediate access to the data at all levels
- User-friendly, flexible data sharing service
- Automatic analyses for different routine purposes
- Real time access to data in different formats
And all this ...
- Allows us to help farmers better.
- Helps to reduce risks to rural communities and the livestock sector.
Who is involved?
- Dinas veterinarians and para-vets
- Other technical staff
- Village reporters, pelapor desa (‘pelsa’)
- Abattoirs and slaughter houses
- Laboratory staff
- Meat inspectors
- Staff working in quarantine
- Specialist epidemiologists
- Some human health staff
- As well as many farmers!!